We are launching a photo challenge in 2017. The goal of this challenge is to challenge our abilities as photographers and to inspire us. The challenge will take place across three different categories designed to help you grow as a photographer.
Check out the announcement video:
Photo Challenge Categories:
- Technical – Technical challenges will involve using specific camera settings, features, or post production techniques. Having a solid technical understanding is important as a photographer to assure you are flexible and able to adapt as needed to the surroundings you find yourself photographing in.
- Composition – Compositional challenges will include help train your eye to capture more emotional photos. A photo is designed to invoke emotion. Learning composure techniques will help you better tell your story through the lens of your camera.
- Artistic – Artistic challenges will be designed to help you get to know what your eye is seeing and how to transfer that into a photograph. This may involve the above two categories or a variation of them.
Here are the rules for the Ditch Auto Weekly Photo Challenge:
- Take New Photos: Though we are sure you have the awesome photos that may fit into some of these challenges, it would be best to take new photos. The whole idea is to get out your camera and take new pictures. We ask that if you participate in the challenge, that you take new photos during the week of the challenge as you participate in it.
- Uploading Photos: The hub for this challenge will be our Facebook Group. If you have Facebook, use the group to upload your photo you want to submit as part of that week’s challenge. Upload your photo as a comment to the post for the challenge. This will keep the group from having photo posts all over the place and will help keep things in context.
- Share Your Photos: When you share your photos on Instagram, Twitter, your personal Facebook, or other social media profiles, use the hashtag #DitchAutoChallenge so we can see your posts. Feel free to share your submitted photo for the weeks challenge and any other photos you were proud of. Using the hashtag #DitchAutoChallenge also makes the challenge more visible to others.
- Have Fun! The goal here is to have fun, we will not be judging each photo and this challenge is not about obtaining some sort of status. We are going to work to have some prizes to award on occasion as we see opportunities to appreciate people, but there is no winning or losing this challenge. If you attempt the challenge, you already won.
Feel free to jump in at any time. Even if you missed the launch of the challenge, join us at any time. You can go back and take part in past challenges as you have time.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us or ask your question in the Ditch Auto Facebook Group.
Here are some links to help you keep connected. If there are any links you need to take part in a challenge, we will include them in that week’s challenge post.
Ditch Auto Twitter: https://twitter.com/ditch_auto
Instagram Personal: https://instagra.com/jeradhill
Instagram Photo: https://instagram.com/jeradhillphoto
Facebook Personal: https://facebook.com/jeradhill
Facebook Photo: https://facebook.com/jeradhillphotographer